Monday, October 7, 2013

Crime Mapping: Safety Ratings of Your New Neighborhood


It is best to be as well informed as possible when moving to a new area.


My family moved so many times for my husbands career, that I got quite good at knowing what to look for. Often we had to find and move to a new home sight unseen.  

Once, three days before our move, on a whim I googled the address of the home we would be renting.

The search engines brought up multiple news reports of a major drug bust that just occurred in that home, and how the police had been watching it for months due to gang activity.

Needless to say, there was no way I was moving my family into that house.

I had done all my research, due diligence, and thought we would be moving to safe, quiet, suburban home.   Obviously not the case!

Here are a few links you may find helpful when choosing the are you wish to live in:




None of us have any guarantees about safety or the decency of the people around us, but we can use these tools to help us make the wisest choice we can about where we want to live.

If you found this helpful please share it with a friend!

Don't forget to call Heather Maier when you are ready to buy, sell, rent or need a qualified home analysis to measure how your home value stands in this current market.

Best wishes,

Heather Maier

email: HeatherNovaHomes@gmail.com
305-281-1873


No comments:

Post a Comment